Sunday, April 20, 2014

Second Book Reveiw

The Math Book:

Although I didn't read this book through thoroughly from back to front I did enjoy the time I did spend with it. This book was a great book to have handy for reading when lengthy reading times are not available. One thing that I really liked about this book is that I could read this book for 5 minutes or five hours and not worry that I left off at an important part. It seemed more to me like a math magazine because it just had tidbits of information on each page rather than having to read each page in order to understand it. I think that the pictures were a great idea for a book like this as well. The pictures were a good way to connect a visual to the material.

While it did seem to have more of a magazine style set-up, I don't think this book could be compared to just a simple math magazine. Some of the pages were pretty simple to read and I had already known the information. On the other hand, of the pages talked about things I had never heard of, and I would still probably say I had never heard of it if I heard it again.

I probably would not recommend this book to a high school classroom because I thin that just about every one of the pages would have been to advanced for this level of students. I would recommend this book for a classroom of college level math majors because it gives a broad idea of a plethora of math topics. I think it is a fantastic book for someone who is interested in math but doesn't know where to begin to look for research. This book gives enough information to get an individual interested, but leaves the reader. or at least it left me, wanting to look further into a lot of the ideas that were covered.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I think that this is a book that I would like to read in further depth sometime that I could further look into many of the subjects that are talked about.

No comments:

Post a Comment